Question shidduchim-here, and there

RacheliArt

צוות הנהלה
מנהל
מנוי פרימיום
איור וציור מקצועי
צילום מקצועי
Looks like there is a shidduch crisis all over the world
seems to me like it might be harder to get engaged for Americans-am I right?
Lakewood boys don't want "out of town"...and start dating at 22-23 while here the litvish boys begin at 21.
What do you think?

אם הבנים שמחה!

משתמש מקצוען
I haven't deal with shidduchim in America recently so I can't comment, but I don't think the financial side of it has as much weight there as it does here. Often a girl whose family can't commit to giving at least X amount of money will have a very hard time getting dates, while in the US I don't think finances are even discussed before the couple meets. (I may be wrong on that though.)

RacheliArt

צוות הנהלה
מנהל
מנוי פרימיום
איור וציור מקצועי
צילום מקצועי
I haven't deal with shidduchim in America recently so I can't comment, but I don't think the financial side of it has as much weight there as it does here. Often a girl whose family can't commit to giving at least X amount of money will have a very hard time getting dates, while in the US I don't think finances are even discussed before the couple meets. (I may be wrong on that though.)
they ask for "support". not for money for housing

שתים

משתמש סופר מקצוען
הנדסת תוכנה
did you want to only discuss the crisis or to also try making few?
Im looking for a european/english boy for a gorgeous girl I know.

RacheliArt

צוות הנהלה
מנהל
מנוי פרימיום
איור וציור מקצועי
צילום מקצועי
I know only Israelis....

stars

משתמש סופר מקצוען
כתיבה ספרותית
עריכה תורנית
Looks like there is a shidduch crisis all over the world
seems to me like it might be harder to get engaged for Americans-am I right?
Lakewood boys don't want "out of town"...and start dating at 22-23 while here the litvish boys begin at 21.
What do you think?
As far as I understand, the primary reason is indeed the age gap, as you mentioned. In fact, the age difference is even greater than you indicated. On average, American Yeshiva guys start dating around 24, while girls usually begin around 19-20. This creates a surplus of girls seeking Shidduchim compared to boys, primarily due to the higher number of 20-year-old girls than 24-year-old boys, influenced by birth inflation. This is why many Rabbanim encourage guys to marry before they go to EY, though unfortunately they aren't very successful with that...

The other reason you mentioned, concerning dating “out of town” versus “in town,” is likely less significant and might not even play a role at all. In reality, it makes sense that an “in town” guy might not be the best match for an “out of town” girl, and vice versa.

אולי מעניין אותך גם...

הפרק היומי

הפרק היומי! כל ערב פרק תהילים חדש. הצטרפו אלינו לקריאת תהילים משותפת!

תהילים פרק קמז

א הַלְלוּיָהּ כִּי טוֹב זַמְּרָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ כִּי נָעִים נָאוָה תְהִלָּה:ב בּוֹנֵה יְרוּשָׁלִַם יְהוָה נִדְחֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל יְכַנֵּס:ג הָרֹפֵא לִשְׁבוּרֵי לֵב וּמְחַבֵּשׁ לְעַצְּבוֹתָם:ד מוֹנֶה מִסְפָּר לַכּוֹכָבִים לְכֻלָּם שֵׁמוֹת יִקְרָא:ה גָּדוֹל אֲדוֹנֵינוּ וְרַב כֹּחַ לִתְבוּנָתוֹ אֵין מִסְפָּר:ו מְעוֹדֵד עֲנָוִים יְהוָה מַשְׁפִּיל רְשָׁעִים עֲדֵי אָרֶץ:ז עֱנוּ לַיהוָה בְּתוֹדָה זַמְּרוּ לֵאלֹהֵינוּ בְכִנּוֹר:ח הַמְכַסֶּה שָׁמַיִם בְּעָבִים הַמֵּכִין לָאָרֶץ מָטָר הַמַּצְמִיחַ הָרִים חָצִיר:ט נוֹתֵן לִבְהֵמָה לַחְמָהּ לִבְנֵי עֹרֵב אֲשֶׁר יִקְרָאוּ:י לֹא בִגְבוּרַת הַסּוּס יֶחְפָּץ לֹא בְשׁוֹקֵי הָאִישׁ יִרְצֶה:יא רוֹצֶה יְהוָה אֶת יְרֵאָיו אֶת הַמְיַחֲלִים לְחַסְדּוֹ:יב שַׁבְּחִי יְרוּשָׁלִַם אֶת יְהוָה הַלְלִי אֱלֹהַיִךְ צִיּוֹן:יג כִּי חִזַּק בְּרִיחֵי שְׁעָרָיִךְ בֵּרַךְ בָּנַיִךְ בְּקִרְבֵּךְ:יד הַשָּׂם גְּבוּלֵךְ שָׁלוֹם חֵלֶב חִטִּים יַשְׂבִּיעֵךְ:טו הַשֹּׁלֵחַ אִמְרָתוֹ אָרֶץ עַד מְהֵרָה יָרוּץ דְּבָרוֹ:טז הַנֹּתֵן שֶׁלֶג כַּצָּמֶר כְּפוֹר כָּאֵפֶר יְפַזֵּר:יז מַשְׁלִיךְ קַרְחוֹ כְפִתִּים לִפְנֵי קָרָתוֹ מִי יַעֲמֹד:יח יִשְׁלַח דְּבָרוֹ וְיַמְסֵם יַשֵּׁב רוּחוֹ יִזְּלוּ מָיִם:יט מַגִּיד (דברו) דְּבָרָיו לְיַעֲקֹב חֻקָּיו וּמִשְׁפָּטָיו לְיִשְׂרָאֵל:כ לֹא עָשָׂה כֵן לְכָל גּוֹי וּמִשְׁפָּטִים בַּל יְדָעוּם הַלְלוּיָהּ:
נקרא  3  פעמים

ספירת העומר

לוח מודעות

למעלה