General Do you talk to your kids in english??

RacheliArt

צוות הנהלה
מנהל
מנוי פרימיום
איור וציור מקצועי
צילום מקצועי
I don't...

אם הבנים שמחה!

משתמש מקצוען
why did you change?
what wasn't good?
Nothing wasn't good. With our older kids, we spoke to them in English and that was the only language they knew until they started gan at age 3. Eventually, the kids outnumbered us and started talking to each other in Hebrew, and little by little things deteriorated. With the youngest bunch, we spoke to them only in English, but once they started speaking, they went straight to Hebrew. As much as we tried to hold onto the English, we gave up at some point. Currently, the older kids understand pretty well, the middles understand at a basic level, and the youngest kids don't understand anything. None of them speak to us in English.

מייק 65

משתמש פעיל
צילום מקצועי
'I think it happens many times .....
my father is American so he didn't even try to speak with us in English .......
but my aunts did tried it , and this also happened to them

The special one

משתמש פעיל
I think that even if the kids answer in hebrew is still worth it to talk to them in english
to be able to understand it at a good level,more than they will ever get from a school
if they heard it enough when they get older and very likely theyll be interested in learning they wil probably manage to learn pretty well
One of the biggest advantages (specially for girls) is for jobs. a lot of jobs nowadays require a good english.sometimes jobs in english pay even better

אוריגמי

משתמש סופר מקצוען
עיצוב ואדריכלות פנים
I speak to my kids in English, and try to have the speak to me in English as well.
I know that if I want them to speak English I need to insist...
I try to do it calmly and happily- like "that sound interesting. Let's say it in English"
or better "you mean XXXXX?"
some of them are better than others, surprisingly not according to age.

I sometimes wish they'd hear real rich English all the time, and not have me as the best English speaker around. After all I'm American-Israeli...

Sending to English gan helps a lot (and of course costs a lot, too :) )

אם הבנים שמחה!

משתמש מקצוען
I think that even if the kids answer in hebrew is still worth it to talk to them in english
to be able to understand it at a good level,more than they will ever get from a school
if they heard it enough when they get older and very likely theyll be interested in learning they wil probably manage to learn pretty well
One of the biggest advantages (specially for girls) is for jobs. a lot of jobs nowadays require a good english.sometimes jobs in english pay even better
At this point, if we speak to the younger kids in English, they ask us to please say it in Hebrew because they don't understand. :(
I have mostly boys, and my daughter actually does speak quite well. It exhausts her, but her English is correct.

The special one

משתמש פעיל
One thing i realize is very significant is the environment.
Meaning to say,sometimes is not enough for the parents to speak in english.having friends/neighbors/relatives who visit often makes a huge difference
or for example,if one lives in bet shemesh (america?)

mama24

משתמש מקצוען
I speak with them but it’s hard!
They hear Hebrew 8 hours a day at least, and English for what? The most is 5 h?
Most of there friends are Hebrew speakers, we don’t have an English gan here around.

My mother neighbour gave me a tip- to play some English songs and stories wile they playing and even wile they sleeping and that should help (at least for her it did…).
Now I need to found some tape, and to choose with what to start…

אוריגמי

משתמש סופר מקצוען
עיצוב ואדריכלות פנים
I speak with them but it’s hard!
They hear Hebrew 8 hours a day at least, and English for what? The most is 5 h?
Most of there friends are Hebrew speakers, we don’t have an English gan here around.

My mother neighbour gave me a tip- to play some English songs and stories wile they playing and even wile they sleeping and that should help (at least for her it did…).
Now I need to found some tape, and to choose with what to start…
I like that idea too
you can try Rabbi Alter in English
His English is very clear with Lashon Hakodesh terms
and they already know the topics and maybe even the songs in Hebrew

mama24

משתמש מקצוען
I like that idea too
you can try Rabbi Alter in English
His English is very clear with Lashon Hakodesh terms
and they already know the topics and maybe even the songs in Hebrew
Did it, but they singing with him in Hebrew :(
But when we going to my parents my mother playing “Old MacDonald” and more, this songs they know well.
This is why I thought to go on songs and stories that new to them (and to me;))​

לא מוגדרת

משתמש פעיל
i didnt even try my mom us american but my husband is israeli and does not know english so how can i talk to them a language their dad doesnt understant?

Sped

משתמש פעיל
My husband is Israeli, but I talk to my children in English, my native language.
There is lots of research about the importance of talking to children in your stronger language, both as far as language skills and for emotional connection.
Of course, it needs to be a language they understand! :)

אם הבנים שמחה!

משתמש מקצוען
My husband is Israeli, but I talk to my children in English, my native language.
There is lots of research about the importance of talking to children in your stronger language, both as far as language skills and for emotional connection.
Of course, it needs to be a language they understand! :)
Oops. Guess I never got that memo.
I did speak to them all in English until at least age 3. Hopefully that was worth something.

אולי מעניין אותך גם...

הפרק היומי

הפרק היומי! כל ערב פרק תהילים חדש. הצטרפו אלינו לקריאת תהילים משותפת!

תהילים פרק קמז

א הַלְלוּיָהּ כִּי טוֹב זַמְּרָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ כִּי נָעִים נָאוָה תְהִלָּה:ב בּוֹנֵה יְרוּשָׁלִַם יְהוָה נִדְחֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל יְכַנֵּס:ג הָרֹפֵא לִשְׁבוּרֵי לֵב וּמְחַבֵּשׁ לְעַצְּבוֹתָם:ד מוֹנֶה מִסְפָּר לַכּוֹכָבִים לְכֻלָּם שֵׁמוֹת יִקְרָא:ה גָּדוֹל אֲדוֹנֵינוּ וְרַב כֹּחַ לִתְבוּנָתוֹ אֵין מִסְפָּר:ו מְעוֹדֵד עֲנָוִים יְהוָה מַשְׁפִּיל רְשָׁעִים עֲדֵי אָרֶץ:ז עֱנוּ לַיהוָה בְּתוֹדָה זַמְּרוּ לֵאלֹהֵינוּ בְכִנּוֹר:ח הַמְכַסֶּה שָׁמַיִם בְּעָבִים הַמֵּכִין לָאָרֶץ מָטָר הַמַּצְמִיחַ הָרִים חָצִיר:ט נוֹתֵן לִבְהֵמָה לַחְמָהּ לִבְנֵי עֹרֵב אֲשֶׁר יִקְרָאוּ:י לֹא בִגְבוּרַת הַסּוּס יֶחְפָּץ לֹא בְשׁוֹקֵי הָאִישׁ יִרְצֶה:יא רוֹצֶה יְהוָה אֶת יְרֵאָיו אֶת הַמְיַחֲלִים לְחַסְדּוֹ:יב שַׁבְּחִי יְרוּשָׁלִַם אֶת יְהוָה הַלְלִי אֱלֹהַיִךְ צִיּוֹן:יג כִּי חִזַּק בְּרִיחֵי שְׁעָרָיִךְ בֵּרַךְ בָּנַיִךְ בְּקִרְבֵּךְ:יד הַשָּׂם גְּבוּלֵךְ שָׁלוֹם חֵלֶב חִטִּים יַשְׂבִּיעֵךְ:טו הַשֹּׁלֵחַ אִמְרָתוֹ אָרֶץ עַד מְהֵרָה יָרוּץ דְּבָרוֹ:טז הַנֹּתֵן שֶׁלֶג כַּצָּמֶר כְּפוֹר כָּאֵפֶר יְפַזֵּר:יז מַשְׁלִיךְ קַרְחוֹ כְפִתִּים לִפְנֵי קָרָתוֹ מִי יַעֲמֹד:יח יִשְׁלַח דְּבָרוֹ וְיַמְסֵם יַשֵּׁב רוּחוֹ יִזְּלוּ מָיִם:יט מַגִּיד (דברו) דְּבָרָיו לְיַעֲקֹב חֻקָּיו וּמִשְׁפָּטָיו לְיִשְׂרָאֵל:כ לֹא עָשָׂה כֵן לְכָל גּוֹי וּמִשְׁפָּטִים בַּל יְדָעוּם הַלְלוּיָהּ:
נקרא  3  פעמים

ספירת העומר

לוח מודעות

למעלה