General What do you miss most?

RacheliArt

צוות הנהלה
מנהל
מנוי פרימיום
איור וציור מקצועי
צילום מקצועי
We are zocheh to live in EY-Eretz Hakodesh
but those of us who lived abroad and got used to certain things/brands/styles might feel they are missing them...
What is the first thing you'd bring over from your native land?

Also-is there anything you don't miss and are happy there is no such thing like it here?

יופלה אפרסק

משתמש סופר מקצוען
מנוי פרימיום
מוזיקה ונגינה
יוצרי ai
Good question...
I used to ask people to buy me things much more often than now, I guess that's a good thing.. (Remember the days when we had people bring us toilet paper and silver foil and small appliances [with transformers :rolleyes:]?)

I can think of
- triple antibiotic cream
- bandaids
- umbrellas
- certain company shoes that are cheaper /more readily found
- cameras
- some toys are cheaper there, but I wouldn't davka make someone schlepp it for me, only when I fly do I stock up
- everything spice :)
- deodorant...
- linen, towels....

and I MISS CENTURY 21!! :cry::cry:

אוריגמי

משתמש סופר מקצוען
עיצוב ואדריכלות פנים
I never lived in the states, but my mother still brings in certain things
the list gets shorter as the years pass and we discover that we can live without some of them
)like parsly flakes)
or that some others are sold here.
I wrote already in a different thread that I just found bug-free Farina here, so that's off the list.

The thing we miss most is family.
our whole extended foamily still lives there' and I wish I had more to do with them.
My children never got to meet their great-great grandfather though he was around when (some of them) were born.
and of course simchas, Chanukah parties, etc

א.ש!

משתמש מקצוען
מנוי פרימיום
בוגר/תלמיד פרוג
Century 21 closed down during COVID​
1673834918774.png

RacheliArt

צוות הנהלה
מנהל
מנוי פרימיום
איור וציור מקצועי
צילום מקצועי
The 7-11 Slurpees are making aliyah to EY
As a kid we used to go buy them after school...

אלישבע10

משתמש מקצוען
מנוי פרימיום

אלישבע10

משתמש מקצוען
מנוי פרימיום
Today you can basically get almost everything here, it's just usually way more expensive.

אם הבנים שמחה!

משתמש מקצוען
We used to bring the whole country any time somebody came.
We have a nerdy picture of us from a couple of months after we got married, posing iwth a suitcase of stuff my mother sent. It had ketchup, rice, whipped cream, tights, deodorant, The Jewish Press, toilet paper, Pringles, and I honestly can't remember what else. There was tons of stuff there. Now when my parents ask me what to bring, I can't think of anything. Maybe only Dramamine and Benadryl. They really have everything here now, and we've also gotten used to Israeli brands of things by now.

אולי מעניין אותך גם...

הפרק היומי

הפרק היומי! כל ערב פרק תהילים חדש. הצטרפו אלינו לקריאת תהילים משותפת!

תהילים פרק כה

א לְדָוִד אֵלֶיךָ יְהוָה נַפְשִׁי אֶשָּׂא:ב אֱלֹהַי בְּךָ בָטַחְתִּי אַל אֵבוֹשָׁה אַל יַעַלְצוּ אֹיְבַי לִי:ג גַּם כָּל קוֶֹיךָ לֹא יֵבֹשׁוּ יֵבֹשׁוּ הַבּוֹגְדִים רֵיקָם:ד דְּרָכֶיךָ יְהוָה הוֹדִיעֵנִי אֹרְחוֹתֶיךָ לַמְּדֵנִי:ה הַדְרִיכֵנִי בַאֲמִתֶּךָ וְלַמְּדֵנִי כִּי אַתָּה אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׁעִי אוֹתְךָ קִוִּיתִי כָּל הַיּוֹם:ו זְכֹר רַחֲמֶיךָ יְהוָה וַחֲסָדֶיךָ כִּי מֵעוֹלָם הֵמָּה:ז חַטֹּאות נְעוּרַי וּפְשָׁעַי אַל תִּזְכֹּר כְּחַסְדְּךָ זְכָר לִי אַתָּה לְמַעַן טוּבְךָ יְהוָה:ח טוֹב וְיָשָׁר יְהוָה עַל כֵּן יוֹרֶה חַטָּאִים בַּדָּרֶךְ:ט יַדְרֵךְ עֲנָוִים בַּמִּשְׁפָּט וִילַמֵּד עֲנָוִים דַּרְכּוֹ:י כָּל אָרְחוֹת יְהוָה חֶסֶד וֶאֱמֶת לְנֹצְרֵי בְרִיתוֹ וְעֵדֹתָיו:יא לְמַעַן שִׁמְךָ יְהוָה וְסָלַחְתָּ לַעֲוֹנִי כִּי רַב הוּא:יב מִי זֶה הָאִישׁ יְרֵא יְהוָה יוֹרֶנּוּ בְּדֶרֶךְ יִבְחָר:יג נַפְשׁוֹ בְּטוֹב תָּלִין וְזַרְעוֹ יִירַשׁ אָרֶץ:יד סוֹד יְהוָה לִירֵאָיו וּבְרִיתוֹ לְהוֹדִיעָם:טו עֵינַי תָּמִיד אֶל יְהוָה כִּי הוּא יוֹצִיא מֵרֶשֶׁת רַגְלָי:טז פְּנֵה אֵלַי וְחָנֵּנִי כִּי יָחִיד וְעָנִי אָנִי:יז צָרוֹת לְבָבִי הִרְחִיבוּ מִמְּצוּקוֹתַי הוֹצִיאֵנִי:יח רְאֵה עָנְיִי וַעֲמָלִי וְשָׂא לְכָל חַטֹּאותָי:יט רְאֵה אוֹיְבַי כִּי רָבּוּ וְשִׂנְאַת חָמָס שְׂנֵאוּנִי:כ שָׁמְרָה נַפְשִׁי וְהַצִּילֵנִי אַל אֵבוֹשׁ כִּי חָסִיתִי בָךְ:כא תֹּם וָיֹשֶׁר יִצְּרוּנִי כִּי קִוִּיתִיךָ:כב פְּדֵה אֱלֹהִים אֶת יִשְׂרָאֵל מִכֹּל צָרוֹתָיו:
נקרא  6  פעמים

אתגר AI

פלינדרום • אתגר 52

לוח מודעות

למעלה